Dr Chioma Ngozichukwu Pauline Mbachu (Lecturer 1)
MBBS, FWACP, PGp(Paediatric Nutrition), ASRH(cert), LMIH(cert),Global Mental Health (cert)
Developmental Paediatrics/ Adolescent Health
Dr Chioma N.P. Mbachu is a consultant Paediatrician and lecturer in the department of Paediatrics, College of Health Sciences, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Nnewi campus, Anambra State, Nigeria.
She is passionate about Developmental Paediatrics and adolescent health, and has conducted several studies on these that have been published in reputable peer-reviewed journals. Currently, she serves as an Editorial Board member of the British Journal of Guidance and Counselling.
Notable works include her research on
- Hepatitis E infection among adolescents
- Psychoactive substance use among adolescents (presented at the 2nd Global Addiction Conference in London, United Kingdom)
- The impact of COVID 19 on adolescents
- Conference presentation on the knowledge of neurodevelopmental disorders and willingness to use gene therapy among doctors in Nigeria,at the 54th Paediatric Association of Nigeria conference (PANCONF) in January 2023.
Ongoing researches include
- Molecular Characterization of Staphylococcus saprophyticus urinary tract infection among adolescents in Anambra state, Nigeria
- Knowledge of neurodevelopmental disabilities and willingness to use gene therapy among doctors in Nigeria
She was a member of the Panel of experts in the 53rd PANCONF and discussed the effects of Social Media on Child Abuse. She also authored a book chapter on Internet Addiction in Practical Guide to Common Adolescent and Social Issues.
She aims to focus on translational research to impact children and adolescents with developmental disabilities and mental health disorders.
Department of Paediatrics, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Nnewi campus, Anambra State, Nigeria